Vraag

Import cases from external database/tool

• 4 October 2018
  • 4 reacties
  • 356 Bekeken

Hi community,

Can you tell me what is the best way to import cases from an external database ?
Rest API or Soap API or something else ?

We have defined a workflow to do ICT helpdesk with iProva.

Formerly we used osTicket as ICT Helpdesk tool, but my company bought iProva for every type of cases : building, logistics, security, ... and also ICT issues.

I'am writing a .NET C# Windows forms application in order to read osTicket tickets and to send them to iProva.
I can read osTicket database to extract cases (tickets) with all the history of the ICT tickets with many screen shots included in the ticket body and many documents (docx, xlsx,...) as attachments.

How can I connect to iProva API (Rest or Soap or ...) from my application to export tickets into iProva cases ?

Thanks
Claude.

4 reacties

Reputatie 6
Hi Claude, there is a REST API that should be able to help you. The swagger page of the function can be found on [your-iProva-URL]/swagger/ui/index#!/Cases/Cases_PostCase.

For more information regarding our APIs you can visit https://www.infoland.nl/iprova-api/

Hope this helps!
Hi,
thanks for your reply.
I manage to use the soap API.

but I'm facing an issue with authentication.
I can create cases based on our legacy application/database (osticket).
But I can't create cases with the original reporter (melder).
By case creation I try to authenticate with the original reporter user account (Domain\user) with the soap function GetTokenForUser. I receive a valid token and I can create the case but it is created without reporter. The case is created as anonymous.
if I use my own user account is the GetTokenForUser, the case is well created under my user name as reporter.
the GetTokenForUser is used with strLoginCode = "Domain\user" and strTrustedApplicationID with a valid TrustedApplicationID defined in iProva API keys.

If I use my own credentials, I can even add Notes and Attachments to the case, but if I use the original ticket creator as user credentials, notes and attachments are not created and I receive a soap exception :
code:
Exception thrown: 'System.ServiceModel.FaultException' in mscorlib.dll

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Infoland.Suite.SecurityException: Exception of type 'Infoland.Suite.SecurityException' was thrown.

at Infoland.Suite.iTask.Task.AddReporter(TaskReporter objReporter)

at Infoland.Suite.Web.iTask.CaseManagementWebservice.SubmitDraftCase(Int32 intCaseNumber)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

any help ?
Claude
Reputatie 6
Hi Claude, for support for implementing our APIs I would like to refer you to our service desk. They can help you with (easy) problems and questions regarding our API.
Thanks Koen,

I will contact the service desk.

Regards
Claude

Reageer

Algemene voorwaarden | Privacyverklaring